Re: Have \d show child tables that inherit from the specified parent

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Have \d show child tables that inherit from the specified parent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:
>> This one is very basic, it just shows the child tables of a specific
>> table when you type \d <tablename> in psql :
>
> I'm not so jazzed about this, as I work on systems that have literally
> hundreds of child tables. When I do a \d on the master table, that's
> not what I want to see. Frankly, a good naming system goes a long
> way towards that, as children usually line up quick neatly in \d
> output. Can we make this only showup in \d+ perhaps? Or not do
> this at all? Or for \d, make it say "Use \d+ to view all children"?

Yeah, there is already an awful lot of output from regular old \d

Typically, I get indexes, check constraints, foreign key constraints,
and triggers.  It's not real easy to read.  It would be nice if there
were a way to suppress this output or only show the part you're
interested in at the moment, but it's hard to think of what syntax
might be reasonable.

...Robert