Re: Proposed Patch to Improve Performance of Multi-BatchHash Join for Skewed Data Sets

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Proposed Patch to Improve Performance of Multi-BatchHash Join for Skewed Data Sets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> At this point, we await further feedback on what is necessary to get
> this patch accepted.  We would also like to thank Josh and Robert again
> for their review time.

I think what we need here is some very simple testing to demonstrate
that this patch demonstrates a speed-up even when the inner side of
the join is a joinrel rather than a baserel.  Can you suggest a single
query against the skewed TPCH dataset that will result in two or more
multi-batch hash joins?  If so, it should be a simple matter to run
that query with and without the patch and verify that the former is
faster than the latter.

Thanks,

...Robert