Re: add_path optimization

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: add_path optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> Yikes!  The impact of the patch is about what I'd expect, but the fact
>> that planning time has nearly tripled is... way poor.  Can you repost
>> the query and the EXPLAIN output for 8.3.5 and CVS HEAD?
>
> Where are we on this: the original patch, and Kevin's slow queries?

The original patch is still in the queue for 8.5, and I'll probably do
more work on it between now and the next CommitFest.  If someone
decides to commit some portion of the existing patch first, I never
complain about getting to cut in front of the line - but I don't ask
for it, either.

Tom started a separate thread to discuss Kevin's planner issues:

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/21139.1233853501@sss.pgh.pa.us

and has committed a fix for one of the two problems Kevin found in
testing my patch:

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20090206234324.11A417559ED@cvs.postgresql.org

...Robert