Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think searching for both user and system stuff with a pattern is a
> no-brainer.

I'm not sure whether you're endorsing that approach or panning it, but
-1 from me.  We have always had \d or \dt for user tables and \dS or
\dtS for system tables.  No one is complaining about this AFAICS, so
we should \df be any different?  The only argument I can see is that
"it's always been different", but IMHO, making it still be
inconsistent yet in a sneakier and less intuitive way doesn't seem
like a step forward.

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Сообщение: Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch