Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> If we do though, it shouldn't default one way and then get randomly flipped by
> a tool that has the same information to make its decision on. What I'm saying
> is that "mixed" is the same information that initdb had about the workload.

+1.

> If we do change this then I wonder if we need the parameter at all. I mean, we
> don't generally have parameters to turn off random parts of the optimizer...

It probably isn't a good idea to both change the default setting and
remove the parameter in the same release.  It would be awesome if this
is cheap enough now to have it on by default - but constraints are
pretty useful for maintaining data integrity, so it's conceivable to
me that someone could have a lot of constraints most of which are
unuseful for query planning.

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard