Re: CREATE AGGREGATE disallows STYPE = internal

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: CREATE AGGREGATE disallows STYPE = internal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com> writes:
>> I would feel a lot better about it if we could invent some way of
>> distinguishing between different types of "internal", based on what is
>> actually being pointed to.
>
> Yeah, we discussed that awhile ago, but nothing's been done about it.
> At this point I doubt it will happen for 8.4.

That's a shame.  Do you happen to have a pointer to the relevant
discussions in the archives?

Without that, it seems that the change you're proposing is totally
unsafe.  It's not just a question of malicious activity: a clueless
admin (a category we've all been in from time to time...) could
relatively easily create a configuration that crashes the backend.

...Robert