Re: Updated posix fadvise patch v19

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Updated posix fadvise patch v19
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> - StrategyFileStrategy doesn't handle the recently added BAS_BULKWRITE
> strategy.  I'm not sure whether it needs to, but it seems to me that
> this a trap for the unwary: we should probably add a comment where the
> BAS_* constants are defined warning that any changes here may/will
> also necessitate changes there.  I think a detailed comment on the
> function itself explaining why it does what it does and how to decide
> what to do for a new type of BufferAccessStrategy would be a good
> idea.

In fact, now that I look at this a little further, I see that in
general you've not added comments at the beginnings of functions - for
example, the other functions in the files that contain smgrprefetch,
mdprefetch, PrefetchBuffer seem to have a description of the purpose
of those functions; the ones you've added do not.

Good luck, I'd like to see this one get in - the performance results
you've reported sound very impressive.

...Robert