Re: BufferAccessStrategy for bulk insert

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BufferAccessStrategy for bulk insert
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Whatever timings you have are worth publishing.

Here are the timings for copying the first ten million integers into a
one-column table created in the same transaction, with and without the
patch.  As you can see, now that I've corrected my previous error of
not putting CREATE TABLE and COPY in the same transaction, the savings
are quite substantial, about 15%.  Nice!

Trunk:
Time: 18931.516 ms
Time: 18251.732 ms
Time: 17284.274 ms