Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I'm not so sure that non-console terminal service sessions should be
>> categorized as "pretty rare".
>>
>> I use them routinely.
>
> For installing and running Postgres? Note that we're not talking about
> running clients apps here, but the server itself.

Sure, why not?  I mean, I've come across applications that simply fail
to install - or run - from a non-console session, but it's pretty
broken.  You'd at least like to get an error message that says, hey,
you have to run this from a console session, rather than just crapping
out for no obvious reason.

...Robert