Re: Stats Collector Won't Start

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Stats Collector Won't Start
Дата
Список pgsql-general
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) writes:

> Brad Nicholson <bnichols@ca.afilias.info> writes:
>> On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 15:59 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Also, do regular connections to this postmaster work across TCP/IP?
>>> If getaddrinfo() is broken I'd expect there to be problems binding
>>> to the postmaster's listen socket too ...
>
>> Yes, TCP/IP connections work fine.
>
> Hmm, that may shoot holes in this theory, but --- I'm wondering if
> you've got a mismatch in struct addrinfo declarations.  I found a page
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/v5r3/topic/com.ibm.aix.commtechref/doc/commtrf2/getaddrinfo.htm
> that says AIX puts ai_canonname before ai_addr in struct addrinfo,
> which is opposite of what we assume in src/include/getaddrinfo.h.
> So I guess the next thing to look at is your pg_config.h to see if
> HAVE_GETADDRINFO and HAVE_STRUCT_ADDRINFO are defined?

Yes, they surely are...

pgdba@ydb2.int.libertyrms.com:/opt/rg/data_dba/src/pgsql-8.1.5 $ grep -i addrinfo src/include/pg_config.h
/* Define to 1 if you have the `getaddrinfo' function. */
#define HAVE_GETADDRINFO 1
/* Define to 1 if the system has the type `struct addrinfo'. */
#define HAVE_STRUCT_ADDRINFO 1
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/spreadsheets.html