Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
> We've discussed retrying short writes before, and IIRC Tom has argued
> that it shouldn't be necessary when writing to disk. Nevertheless, I
> think we should retry in XLogWrite(). It can write much bigger chunks
> than most write() calls, so there's more room for a short write to
> happen there if it can happen at all. Secondly, it PANICs on failure, so
> it would be nice to try a bit harder to avoid that.

Seems reasonable.  My concern about the idea in general was the
impossibility of being sure we'd protected every single write() call.
But if we can identify specific call sites that seem at more risk than
most, I'm okay with adding extra logic there.