Re: hstores in pl/python

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: hstores in pl/python
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec 13, 2010, at 7:19 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> If we decree that Python dictionaries map
> onto hstore, does that mean they DON'T map onto json, or Pavel's
> hand-wavy proposal for associative arrays?  Because from 10,000 feet
> it sure isn't obvious why hstore would be preferable to either of the
> other two, except that it already exists and the early bird gets the
> worm.

I'll mention that psycopg2, the most widely Python DBI implementation for PostgreSQL, has a built-in mapping of hstore
todict, so signs are definitely pointing towards a hstore == dict standardization.  It also suffers from the problem
thatit needs to sniff the hstore OID, which is somewhat annoying, especially in a web environment where the sniff has
tohappen repeatedly.

--
-- Christophe Pettus  xof@thebuild.com