Re: Excessive memory used for INSERT

От Alessandro Ipe
Тема Re: Excessive memory used for INSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

I guess the memory consumption is depending on the size of my database, so
only giving a reduced version of it won't allow to hit the issue.

The pg_dumpall file of my database can be found at the address
https://gerb.oma.be/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=5e0e9e1bb06dce1d12c95662a9ee1c03

The queries causing the issue are given in files
-  tmp.OqOavPYbHa (with the new upsert_func function)
-  tmp.f60wlgEDWB (with WITH .. AS statement)

I hope it will help. Thanks.

Regards,

A.

On Thursday 18 December 2014 12:05:45 Tom Lane wrote:
> Alessandro Ipe <Alessandro.Ipe@meteo.be> writes:
> > Hi,
> > I tried also with an upsert function
> > CREATE FUNCTION upsert_func(sql_insert text, sql_update text) RETURNS void
> >
> >     LANGUAGE plpgsql
> >     AS $$
> >
> > BEGIN
> > EXECUTE sql_update;
> > IF FOUND THEN
> >
> >         RETURN;
> >
> >     END IF;
> >     BEGIN
> >
> > EXECUTE sql_insert;
> > EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN
> > EXECUTE sql_update;
> > END;
> >
> >     RETURN;
> >
> > END;
> > $$;
> > with the same result on the memory used...
>
> If you want to provide a self-contained test case, possibly we could look
> into it, but these fragmentary bits of what you're doing don't really
> constitute an investigatable problem statement.
>
> I will note that EXCEPTION blocks aren't terribly cheap, so if you're
> reaching the "EXECUTE sql_insert" a lot of times that might have something
> to do with it.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Вложения