bigger blob rows?

От Eric Davies
Тема bigger blob rows?
Дата
Re: bigger blob rows?  (Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo@ttnet.net.tr>)
Список pgsql-general
Back in the days of 7.4.2, we tried storing large blobs  (1GB+) in postgres but found them too slow because the blob was being chopped into 2K rows stored in some other table.
However, it has occurred to us that if it was possible to configure the server to split blobs into bigger pieces, say 32K,  our speed problems might diminish correspondingly.
Is there a compile time constant or a run time configuration entry that accomplish this?

Thank you.

Eric Davies, M.Sc.
Barrodale Computing Services Ltd.
Tel: (250) 472-4372 Fax: (250) 472-4373