Re: 15,000 tables

От Ron
Тема Re: 15,000 tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Agreed, and I apologize for the imprecision of my post below.

I should have written:
"Best practice seems to be to use a journaling fs and log metadata
only and put it on separate dedicated spindles."

I've seen enough HD failures that I tend to be paranoid and log the
metadata of fs dedicated to WAL as well, but that may very well be overkill.

Ron