Re: How to make Fedora4 build threadsafe?

От Matt England
Тема Re: How to make Fedora4 build threadsafe?
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
At 2/28/2006 11:34 PM, Matt England wrote:
>checking thread safety of required library functions... no
>configure: error:
>*** Thread test program failed.  Your platform is not thread-safe.
>*** Check the file 'config.log'for the exact reason.

For what it's worth, this seems to be pertinent part of config.log:

[...]
configure:16424: checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads
configure:16462: gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels
-fno-strict-aliasing   -D_GNU_SOURCE    conftest.c -lpthreads  -lz
-lreadline -ltermcap -lcrypt -lresolv -lnsl -ldl -lm -lbsd  >&5
conftest.c: In function 'main':
conftest.c:125: warning: 'th' is used uninitialized in this function
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreads
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:16468: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "PostgreSQL"
[...]

...although the thing is so long that it's hard to tell.

I couldn't find a pthreads library/package/thing anywhere, or at least not
yet.  My system *does* have a /usr/lib/libpthread.so (singular), but no
libpthreads (plural).  Installing linuxpthreads-devel didn't solve anything.

Any thoughts?

-Matt