Question on the use of bracket expressions in Postgres

От Jimmy Rowe
Тема Question on the use of bracket expressions in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Good morning,

I am new to Postgres and I have one question.  I am trying to get the
following select command to work.

    select * from catalog where file_name like 'abc%def%.200[2-5]%';
The following select keeps returning "(0 rows)".

I know that there are many rows in my database that should be returned
because I first did a
select * from catalog where file_name like 'abc%def%.200%';

I've tried escaping the [ and ] metacharacters and even the - but I got the
same results: (0 rows).

What is the correct syntax to pull out a range of data from my database?

Thanks.

Jimmy