Re: from PG_DUMP to CVS

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: from PG_DUMP to CVS
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
At 08:04 PM 26/08/2004, Riccardo G. Facchini wrote:
>Does somebody know of a script that does this job?

No, but a very useful idea.

Sounds like another dump format to me -- so long as a well-defined
structure that is likely to remain invariant over versions can be used. A
client uses a trivial script to dump functions, but not tables, triggers or
anything else.

The simplest format might be to use the database names as a level 1 dir,
schema names at level 2, and entry names at level 3, then create files for
the 'definition', 'data' etc.

It would be a little confusing when ACLs and constraints were dumped (eg.
they would not appear under the tables). But it would be consistent, at least.

Of course it would be impossible to restore from such a beast since we
would be throwing away ordering -- I think.

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp.mit.edu:11371       |/