link errors building extensions for Postgres on Windows using MinGW

От Eric Davies
Тема link errors building extensions for Postgres on Windows using MinGW
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to port an extension that previously ran under Postgres on linux so that it runs under PostgreSQL 8.0.3 on Windows. I'm using MingGW for the compiling/linking.

I'm getting problems when I try to link though. Symbols that are defined in the Postgres server and referenced in my extension cause link errors that prevent a dll from being produced.
fe-giefToGrid.c:25: undefined reference to `pg_detoast_datum'

fe-udr.c:510: undefined reference to `Float8GetDatum'

libgridfrontendDEBUG.a(fe-udr.o)(.text+0xbe7):fe-udr.c:515: undefined reference to `get_typlenbyvalalign'

 I can get rid of these link errors by linking in the libpostgres.a file at the cost of a much larger shared library. In theory, I shouldn't need to though (at least I don't under linux), and doing so may result in two inconsistent copies of some Postgres internal data structures presumably. My link line looks like:

gcc -u_etext -shared -fpic  -Wl,--whole-archive -o destDir/Grid.dll -Lmylibdir -L/lib -L/c/Program\ Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/lib -lmylibs -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -lpostgres -lwsock32 -lm 2> link.errs

can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you,

Eric Davies, M.Sc.
Barrodale Computing Services Ltd.