Re: plpgsql function returning SETOF

От Johannes Brügmann
Тема Re: plpgsql function returning SETOF
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello Andreas,
hello novices and experts,

> first of all thank you very much for your immediate response! The hint
> is great but surprising to me.
>
> "A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> writes:
>
>> am  21.12.2005, um 16:54:43 +0100 mailte Johannes BrXgmann folgendes:
>>>
>>> I didn't understand how to create a function, which returns a varying
>>> number of records. Worse, it seems, that I didn't understand the SETOF
>>> feature at all...
>>>
>>> a result "table" like this is what I want:
>>>
>>>        bezeichnung     | datum
>>>       -----------------+-------
>>>        Allerheiligen   | ....
>>
>> You should return your rows ;-)
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> I always had this in mind:
>
> ,----[ ${doc}/postgresql-8.0.3/html/xfunc-sql.html ]
> | 31.4.4. SQL Functions Returning Sets
> |
> | When an SQL function is declared as returning SETOF sometype, the
> | function's final SELECT query is executed to completion, and each row
> | it outputs is returned as an element of the result set.
> `----[ end ]
>
> But this is SQL isn't it, ;-)? And SQL doesn't support timestamp, does
> it? (AAaaarrggghhhh...)
>
> A new problem is now, that i still can't get it to work after all:
>
>       CREATE TYPE feiertag AS (bezeichnung VARCHAR(100), datum TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE);
>
>       CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION feiertage(TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE)
>       RETURNS SETOF feiertag
>       CALLED ON NULL INPUT AS $$
>       DECLARE
>            in_ts timestamp with time zone;
>           curr feiertag%ROWTYPE;
>           r RECORD;
>       BEGIN
>            IF $1 IS NULL
>                THEN in_ts := localtimestamp(0);
>                ELSE in_ts := $1;
>            END IF;
>
>               FOR r IN SELECT f.b AS b, f.d AS d
>                        FROM (
>                              SELECT 'Allerheiligen             ' AS b, allerheiligen(in_ts)          AS d
>                          UNION SELECT 'Aschermittwoch            ' AS b, aschermittwoch(in_ts)          AS d
>                          UNION SELECT 'Tag der deutschen Einheit ' AS b, tagderdeutscheneinheit(in_ts)  AS d
>                          UNION SELECT 'Zweiter Weihnachtstag     ' AS b, zweiterweihnachtstag(in_ts)    AS d) AS f
>               LOOP
>               curr.bezeichnung := r.b;
>               curr.datum       := r.d;
>               RETURN NEXT curr;
>           END LOOP;
>           RETURN;
>
>       END;
>       $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
>
> Where is the bug now?

sorry, i missed the error message:

      bruegmann@traffic_nrw=# select feiertage(NULL);
      ERROR:  set-valued function called in context that cannot accept a set
      CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "feiertage" line 30 at return next

Thanks in advance,
Johannes

От: "Johannes Brügmann"
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql function returning SETOF
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql function returning SETOF