JDBC JBuilder Professional

От Paul Grenda
Тема JDBC JBuilder Professional
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I'm trying to get JB to work with Postgresql under NT.  I've downloaded
postgresql-jdbc-7.1.2-4PGDG.i386.rpm.  I ran this through rpm on  RH7.0 and
two files ended up on /usr/share/pgsql/ called jdbc7.1-1.2.jar and
jdbc7.0-1.1.jar.  The database will be on a linux box running RH7.0 which is
networked to NT4.0 and I'm running JB 4.0 on the NT machine.  I presume the
right jdbc file for RH7.0 is jdbc7.0-1.1.jar and I've copied this file to
c:\JBuilder\lib.  I followed the installation steps described in the JB help
system.  Go to tools|Enterprise Setup add a library called pgsqljdbc and
point it to the .jar directory and say Ok.  Set it up in the default
projects library directory.  Everything seem to work Ok until I try to
connect either throught the Borland JDBC explorer or in an application make
sure that the .jar library in in the project properties.  Sure enough
pgsqljdbc is there along with Data Express and JStore.  I then add a Server
Data Express Database component  and check the connect property and its only
got two balck JDBC drivers (illegal ones are red The black ones are
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver and com.borland.datastore.jdbc.DataStoreDriver.
Funny thing is that the red Postgress driver is called jdbc7.0-1.1-1.1.jar.

Has anybody got any idea what I've done wrong?

Regards,

Paul.