Re: Can we do something to help stop users mistakenly using force_parallel_mode?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Can we do something to help stop users mistakenly using force_parallel_mode?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-02-13 Mo 06:16, David Rowley wrote:
On Sat, 11 Feb 2023 at 04:34, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
On 2023-02-09 Th 15:25, David Rowley wrote:
Likely the hardest part to get right here is the new name.  Can anyone
think of anything better than debug_parallel_query?

WFM
Thanks for chipping in.

I've attached a patch which fixes the problem John mentioned.

I feel like nobody is against doing this rename, so I'd quite like to
get this done pretty soon.  If anyone else wants to voice their
opinion in regards to this, please feel free to do so. +1s are more
reassuring than silence.  I just want to get this right so we never
have to think about it again.

If nobody is against this then I'd like to push the attached in about
24 hours from now.

It's just occurred to me that this could break the buildfarm fairly comprehensively. I just took a count and we have 74 members using force_parallel_mode. Maybe we need to keep force_parallel_mode as an alternative spelling for debug_parallel_query until we can get them all switched over. I know it's more trouble ...

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan