Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)
Дата
Ответ на let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add %rsubstitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/10/2018 11:08 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> I think that we really need to think about allowing clients to tell
> the server which GUCs they'd like reported, instead of having a single
> list to which everyone is bound.

+1

That already sounded like a good idea back in
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/11465.1339163239%40sss.pgh.pa.us,
in a thread about making Connection.setReadOnly() work right in PGJDBC.

-Chap