Re: BUG #15563: postgresql11-server must require postgresql-llvmjit

От Viorel Tabara
Тема Re: BUG #15563: postgresql11-server must require postgresql-llvmjit
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, 2018-12-23 at 04:12 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> The PostgreSQL binary shipped with the RPM is compiled with LLVM
> support and according to the documentation the default provider is
> 'llvmjit'. Therefore it would make sense to require
> 'postgresql-llvmjit' so JIT works out of the box.

I've come across the discussion on packaging [1] and although I haven't
finished reading the whole thread I realize now that the dependency
issue was discussed extensively and this bug can be closed.

Apologies for the noise.

-Viorel

[1]:https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmoaE_EEumfeWdJxUow4WK1mgYS%2Bcvkik2vx02hqOPEkwmg%40mail.gmail.com