Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?

От Douglas McNaught
Тема Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com> wrote:
> Douglas McNaught writes:
>
>> Is this a 32-bit installation or 64-bit?  3GB of shared_buffers is way
>> too big for a 32-bit setup.
>

> 64-bit.
> The machine has 12GB of RAM so shared-buffers is about 1/3.
> Dedicated DB server.

Ahh, good.  Just wanted to answer the obvious question first.  Some
people set shared_buffers really high on 32-bit systems and then are
surprised when it doesn't work well.

It does seem that reducing work_mem might help you, but others on this
list are much more expert than I in diagnosing this sort of problem.
It would probably be helpful for you to post the EXPLAIN output from
your query, so they can see which part of the plan causes the large
memory usage.

-Doug

Сообщение: Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?
Сообщение: Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?