Re: Set log_lock_waits=on by default

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Set log_lock_waits=on by default
Дата
Re: Set log_lock_waits=on by default
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2024-07-18 at 12:25 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> this patch is still on the table, though for v18 now.
>
> Nathan mentioned up-thread that he was hesitant to commit this without
> further discussion. Laurenz, Stephen and I are +1 on this, but when it
> comes to committers having chimed in only Tom did so far and was -1.
>
> Are there any others who have an opinion on this?

If we want to tally up, there were also +1 votes from Christoph Berg,
Shinya Kato, Nikolay Samokhvalov, Jeremy Schneider and Frédéric Yhuel.

The major criticism is Tom's that it might unduly increase the log volume.

I'm not trying to rush things, but I see little point in kicking a trivial
patch like this through many commitfests.  If no committer wants to step
up and commit this, it should be rejected.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe