Re: Two pg_rewind patches (auto generate recovery conf and ensureclean shutdown)

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Two pg_rewind patches (auto generate recovery conf and ensureclean shutdown)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2019-09-25 at 14:48 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Another thing in 0002 is that you're adding a "-R" switch to
> pg_rewind, but we have another patch in the commitfest using the same
> switch for a different purpose.  Maybe you guys need to get to an
> agreement over who uses the letter :-)  Also, it would be super
> helpful if you review Alexey's patch:

I believe that -R should be reserved for creating recovery.conf,
similar to pg_basebackup.

Everything else would be confusing.

I've been missing pg_rewind -R!

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [WIP] Effective storage of duplicates in B-tree index.