Re: list append syntax for postgresql.conf

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: list append syntax for postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/20/19 10:54 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
>>     shared_preload_libraries += 'pg_stat_statements'
>
> I like the idea, but presume it would apply to any GUC list, not just
> shared_preload_libraries?

It would be nice if there were some way for extensions to declare
GUC lists (the very thing that recently became explicitly unsupported).

The difficulty seems to be that a GUC may be assigned before the
extension has been loaded to determine whether list syntax should apply.

Could a change like this improve that situation too, perhaps by
deciding that += syntax /implies/ that an as-yet-undeclared GUC is
to be of list form (which could then be checked when the extension
declares the GUC)?

-Chap