Re: How to debug the performance issues via which system catalog.Thanks.

От leaf_yxj
Тема Re: How to debug the performance issues via which system catalog.Thanks.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thanks Steve.
At 2012-05-18 03:04:02,"Steve Crawford [via PostgreSQL]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 05/17/2012 11:54 AM, leaf_yxj wrote:
> I know we can know the currenct activity via pg_stat_activity. What's else
> you guys use to debug.
> And for some times back, how can we check the activities?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Grace
Performance is a complex enough issue to warrant its own mailing list
(CPU type, number of cores, OS, OS settings, PG configuration, disk
type/count/filesystem/raid-configuration and so on).

Greg Smith's "PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance" is worth every penny.

While waiting for it to arrive, peruse the pages at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Performance_Optimization

Cheers,
Steve