ODP: Planner performance in partitions

От Piotr Włodarczyk
Тема ODP: Planner performance in partitions
Дата
Re: Planner performance in partitions  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-performance

@Michael Lewis: I know documentation. I'm just considerations about possible performance tricks in current production version. I've tested this on V12 on another computer and I can say that I'm impressed. I've checked on 1200 partitions and times are:

PostgreSQL11.5:

  • select on main partition (public.book): planner: 60ms, execution: 5ms
  • select on partitioned table (public.book_1-1000): planner: 2.7 ms, execution: 2,4 ms

PostgreSQL 12B3:

  • select on main partition (public.book): planner: 2,5ms , execution: 1,2ms
  • select on partitioned table (public.book_1-1000): planner: 2.5 ms, execution: 1,2 ms

So looking at above results we have two options:

  • Wait for 12.0 stable version 😉
  • Wait for patches to 11 – PostgreSQL Team: can You do this? 😊

Pozdrawiam,

Piotr Włodarczyk