Re: FreeBSD 12 and Postgres build failures

От Karl Denninger
Тема Re: FreeBSD 12 and Postgres build failures
Дата
Re: FreeBSD 12 and Postgres build failures  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-general

On 3/19/2019 17:12, Tom Lane wrote:
Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
Both 10.7 and 11.2 fail on FreeBSD 12-STABLE if --with-openssl is part
of the configure string.
Hmmm ... I don't have that exact configuration handy to try, but
we know that PG works against OpenSSL 1.1.1a in principle, and
it does work for me with FreeBSD 12.0-RC1 from mid-November,
which contains
# openssl version
OpenSSL 1.1.1-freebsd  11 Sep 2018

The error you quote looks a bit like bad decisions in PG's configure
script --- maybe you need to re-run configure?  Be sure to blow
away any autoconf cache file if you're using one.
		regards, tom lane

That was on a bare, new grab of the source from your repository and a straight-up run of "./configure --with-openssl --with-perl", then "gmake".

It's a new directory tree - there's no autoconf or other cache files laying around.

Same grab on FreeBSD 11.x builds fine.

Digging around I had the openssl-1.0.2r port on the system, which used to be necessary for some other stuff back before 12.x.  I've removed it and it looks like that took care of it; for whatever reason configure was getting confused (in theory this shouldn't get you, but theory and practice sometimes don't play nice. :-)

Thanks for the confirm that others do have it working; gave me a place to start looking for the issue.

--
Karl Denninger
karl@denninger.net

Сообщение: Re: FreeBSD 12 and Postgres build failures
Сообщение: Re: FreeBSD 12 and Postgres build failures