PgAdmin4 behind SSL proxy

От Andrew Coleman
Тема PgAdmin4 behind SSL proxy
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Has anyone had any success running PgAdmin4 behind a reverse proxy? I am using Traefik for routing in my Kubernetes cluster and I am experiencing some strange behavior.

With SSL:

POST /login, cookie is returned with an empty value, GET /browser redirect to /login

Sometimes even requests to /user_management/current_user.js actually returns index.html and causes undefined behavior on the page.

Without SSL, with kubectl port-forward:

POST /login, cookie is returned with a value, GET to /browser returns page contents as expected.

I have set X-Forwarded-Proto to https, but that doesn’t do anything. I have set X-Scheme to https and that helps, but it’s not all the way. Cookies returned do not have the Secure; flag (not sure if that’s necessary, though). I have tried setting the values in this blog post both in config.py and in the environment to no success:

https://blog.miguelgrinberg.com/post/cookie-security-for-flask-applications

I really need to expose PgAdmin via https and not http. Is there any way to do this without so much hate and discontent?

Thanks,

Andrew