Re: [PERFORM] How to grant only create schemas and create databaseobjects permission to user.

От vinny
Тема Re: [PERFORM] How to grant only create schemas and create databaseobjects permission to user.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2017-07-19 14:23, Dinesh Chandra 12108 wrote:
> Dear expert,
>
> I have to create a user which have permission to CREATE SCHEMAS AND
> CREATE DATABASE OBJECTS in database.
>
> I am using postgres 9.1.
>
> Could you please assist me?

Access control is managed using the GRANT command:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-grant.html

About halfway down that page it says:

-----
CREATE
For databases, allows new schemas to be created within the database.

For schemas, allows new objects to be created within the schema. To
rename an existing object, you must own the object and have this
privilege for the containing schema.

For tablespaces, allows tables, indexes, and temporary files to be
created within the tablespace, and allows databases to be created that
have the tablespace as their default tablespace. (Note that revoking
this privilege will not alter the placement of existing objects.)
----

I suggest you try it out on a test database first.