Re: PG Upgrade with hardlinks, when to start/stop master andreplicas

От Martín Fernández
Тема Re: PG Upgrade with hardlinks, when to start/stop master andreplicas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephen,

Thanks for information! I've refactor our migration scripts to follow the suggestions.

One extra question that popped up. As long as we don't start the standby (after running rsync), we can always `rm -f $PGDATA_10` and promote the standby if necessary for failover right ? We also need to `mv` pg_control.old to pg_control in the old data directory.

Thanks!

Martín