Re: BUG #15086: Arrow keys do not work while using psql through SSHsession

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: BUG #15086: Arrow keys do not work while using psql through SSHsession
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 02/25/2018 09:55 AM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      15086
> Logged by:          rheman pessek
> Email address:      rhemandaddy@googlemail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 10.2
> Operating system:   ubuntu server 16.04.3
>
> Hi everyone.
> I am not able to use arrow while using psql. So I cannot view previously
> used commande
>
> I dont know what's wrong with my settings.

That seems very much like an issue with your shell/ssh, in which case
psql is just an innocent victim. If the shell is filtering away some
keys or something like that, there's nothing psql can do.

FWIW I'm using psql over ssh pretty much every day, and I can't recall
any such issues.

Are the keys working in shell after you connect through ssh? Try
disabling various profile tweaks and see if that helps.

regards