Re: Moving pgadmin4.db to a new server

От Jan Birk
Тема Re: Moving pgadmin4.db to a new server
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Aditya

Maybe I am not clear on the objective:

We have to migrate the PGadmin away from server1 running OEL 7 to a new server2 running Ubuntu 18.04

In that process we must keep the users (+100) settings and password. We are - however - able to keep the settings by just moving the db file from server1 to server2.

But the passwords are salted different on the new server2 and therefor all the users will have to re-enter ther passwords. Most of them has proberly forgot the passwords.

So how do I migrate from one server to another keeping settings (that part works) and passwords (this is not working).

I think that more and more will need that functionality (changing the host running pgadmin) as times goes by.

Sadly I do not know python but it seems that pgadmin maybe could be re-initialized using the old SALT by setting SECURITY_PASSWORD_SALT or something .. ? :-)

Best and thanks again for a very good product.

/Jan