Re: logical replication snapshots

От Dimitri Maziuk
Тема Re: logical replication snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/26/2018 07:11 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 07/26/2018 04:48 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
>> The publication foopub is at this point fubar I take it? And needs to be
>> re-created on the publisher and reconnected on the subscriber? Complete
>> with with inital resync?
>
> Not sure. Personally I would try:
>
> 1) ALTER PUBLICATION DROP TABLE foo|bar;
>
> 2) ALTER PUBLICATION ADD TABLE foo|bar;
>
> 3) ALTER SUBSCRIPTION sub_name REFRESH PUBLICATION
>
> If you get to 3) it will re-sync the data unless you tell it otherwise.
>
> The above is probably dependent on the size of the publication. If you
> did a publication for ALL it would make more sense to do the above then
> if you did a publication for just foo or bar.

... but if I did the publication for ALL, I could just use streaming
replication and then drop table/add table would replicate automagically ...

It looks like we probably have to re-think a few of our workflows and
procedures, and until/unless that happens, logical replication won't do
what we want. Which means figuring out this 13-million-files problem
becomes a very low priority for me. Unfortunately: it'd be nice to track
it down and squash it...

Thanks everyone,
--
Dimitri Maziuk