Re: pgbench

От Simeó Reig
Тема Re: pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A 2013-10-03 16:40, Adrian Klaver escrigué:
> On 10/03/2013 07:23 AM, Simeó Reig wrote:
>

>>> You have not shown the query, but could you be running into the
>>> belwo:
>>>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/pgbench.html
>>>
>>> "The format of a script file is one SQL command per line; multiline
>>> SQL commands are not supported. Empty lines and lines beginning with
>>> -- are ignored. Script file lines can also be "meta commands", which
>>> are interpreted by pgbench itself, as described below."
>>>

>> I did it, and I read it all ... I'm use to work with postgresql and
>> freeBSD world since too years ago ;-)
>

> Obviously pgbench has issues with the syntax in the file. Without the
> contents of the file I am just doing some educated guessing. To get to
> a solution you will need to show your custom file.

Yes you are right, It has an issue with the syntax, because it only
reads a portion of the query, and obviously it's not correct if you do
it.

Unfortunately I can't put the sql here, but I repeat: I could do:

psql -d databasename > scrip_file.sql

and it works perfectly, and It is a one line query.

I did it with many queries since today, but I think this is too long

Many many thanks for your interest Adrian

Simeó Reig
Barcelona (Spain)