Re: PSQL under Windows XP

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: PSQL under Windows XP
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On May 30, 2005, at 10:20 AM, Danny Gaethofs wrote:

> I found this utility but I am having problems getting
> it to work properly. I posted a message to the general
> group about my problem.

See my response there.

> I understand now that there are command line utilities
> in the bin directory to perform some functions.
>
> You say you log on as the postgres user on the
> template1 database.
>
> The template1 database, is it actually a database
> which I should see when using PGADMINIII, cause at
> current I do not see it.
>
> Let me say when I use PGADMINIII I am able to create a
> database and specify whom is the owner.

pgAdmin might hide them by default since they are generally only used
for creating databases. See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/manage-ag-
templatedbs.html

> But what I wanted to know is whether I can specify the
> directory where my new database should appear.
> I noticed that using createdb it is possible to
> specify the location. Using PGADMINiii I do not see
> the possibility.
>
> Am I correct?

I don't see an option with createdb for directory. Do you mean
tablespace?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL