Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От David Steele
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/27/18 10:05 AM, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> On 11/27/18 3:46 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> I'm concerned, seriously, that people don't have anywhere near the
>> concern about the recovery side of things as they do about the backup
>> side of things and that's really concerning.
>
> I think we should use more caution when data loss is at stake rather
> than "just" downtime. So personally I am in favor of updating the manual
> with warnings (right now it does not even say if exclusive or
> non-exclusive is the default) and adding a deprecation warning when
> people use the exclusive mode.

The documentation says (since 9.6):

Low level base backups can be made in a non-exclusive or an exclusive
way. The non-exclusive method is recommended and the exclusive one is
deprecated and will eventually be removed.

That seems clear enough to me.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Сообщение: Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Сообщение: Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode