Re: should we enable log_checkpoints out of the box?

От Michael Banck
Тема Re: should we enable log_checkpoints out of the box?
Дата
Re: should we enable log_checkpoints out of the box?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Freitag, dem 05.11.2021 um 11:27 -0300 schrieb Alvaro Herrera:
> On 2021-Nov-03, Jan Wieck wrote:
> > On 11/3/21 09:09, Robert Haas wrote:
> >
> > > For better or for worse, the distinction between ERROR, FATAL,
> > > and
> > > PANIC is entirely based on what we do after printing the message,
> > > and NOT on how serious the message is.
> >
> > THAT is a real problem with our error handling and logging system.
>
> Agreed.

Well that, and the fact those distinctions are only done for user-
facing events, whereas it seems to me we only distinguish between LOG
and PANIC for server-facing events; maybe we need one or more
additional levels here in order to make it easier for admins to see the
really bad things that are happening?

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Teamleiter PostgreSQL-Team

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Geoff Richardson, Peter Lilley

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz