[HACKERS] pg_get_object_address() doesn't support composites

От Jim Nasby
Тема [HACKERS] pg_get_object_address() doesn't support composites
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
See below. ISTM that pg_get_object_address should support everything
pg_identify_object_as_address can output, no?

I'm guessing the answer here is to have pg_identify_object_as_address
complain if you ask it for something that's not mapable.

> ~@decina.local/5621# CREATE TYPE comp AS (a int, b int);
> CREATE TYPE
> ~@decina.local/5621# select * from pg_identify_object_as_address(1259,'comp'::regclass, 0);
>       type      | object_names  | object_args
>  composite type | {public,comp} | {}
> (1 row)
>
> ~@decina.local/5621# select * from pg_get_object_address('composite type', '{public,comp}', '{}');
> ERROR:  unsupported object type "composite type"
> ~@decina.local/5621#
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)