Re: How to find details of arguments in all functions in postgre - One solution

От Michael Wood
Тема Re: How to find details of arguments in all functions in postgre - One solution
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 6 March 2010 12:11,  <venkatrao.b@tcs.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I was trying to find some way, to list out all argument details in all
> functions in postgre(input parameter names, types and mode - in/out).
[...]
> Please suggest, if some better way is available of achieving this.
> Also, i want to know the way i am getting type of argument is right or not?
> Background - We have migrated one oracle database to postgre. Now from .Net
> for coding , we need a list of all functions and their types.

Does this give you what you want?

$ psql -c '\df schemaname.*' -h servername dbname username

If so, you can use the -E option to get psql to tell you the SQL
statement it uses to generate those results.

i.e.:

$ psql -E -c '\df schemaname.*' -h servername dbname username

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>