Re: corrupt db

От Michael Wood
Тема Re: corrupt db
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
2009/11/3 Lars Gustafsson <gumse@mac.com>:
> A client of mine hade a HD crash, he had a backup of his pgsql/data catalog,
> but when trying to start the server (on a newly installed postgres, same
> version he had) I get the following message:
>
> postgres$ FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
> DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION
> 906166272, but the server was compiled with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 822.
> HINT:  It looks like you need to initdb.
>

> Is it beyond repair ? Any last resorts ?

This might not be it, but make sure you're using a 32 bit version of
Postgres if the old server was 32 bits, and a 64 bit version if the
old server was 64 bit.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>

От: Lonni J Friedman
Сообщение: Re: corrupt db
От: Richard Broersma
Сообщение: Re: Bug - DatabaseMetaData.getCatalogs() was [Novice] Can't get list of databases with \list