Re: pg_combinebackup fails on file named INCREMENTAL.*

От David Steele
Тема Re: pg_combinebackup fails on file named INCREMENTAL.*
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/18/24 00:14, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 9:25 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 10:12 PM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>>> Anyway, I think it should be fixed or documented as a caveat since it
>>> causes a hard failure on restore.
>>
>> Alright, I'll look into this.
>
> Here's a patch.

Thanks! I've tested this and it works as advertised.

Ideally I'd want an error on backup if there is a similar file in any
data directories that would cause an error on combine, but I admit that
it is vanishingly rare for users to put files anywhere but the root of
PGDATA, so this approach seems OK to me.

Regards,
-David