Re: one click install?

От Andrew Hammond
Тема Re: one click install?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The problem here is that there aren't really very many defined
defaults, or that these defaults vary (sometimes greatly) between the
different flavors of UNIX. For example, please tell me:

1) Where should PGDATA default to?
2) How do you want to handle logging output from the postmaster? There
are plenty of options...
3) Where should those log files get written?
4) For 1 and 3, will that support multiple major versions of
PostgreSQL? (ie, can I have 8.2.latest and 8.1.latest installed at the
same time)
5) How about multiple postmasters (on different ports)?

I think that the community would be well served by standardizing on
these things, at least for basic installations.

On 6/11/07, Timasmith <timasmith@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can probably figure it out on linux but I would like to do a one
> click install based upon defined defaults for the Postgresql database
> (creating it as a service and load my sql file which creates the
> database) - has anyone written such a how to?
>
> thanks
>
> Tim

Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question
Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question