Temporal Database

От Ron Harter
Тема Temporal Database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Has anyone used postges to set up a temporal database? What was the
performance like? How was retrieval of the data?
Any comments or problems would be appreciated. We are looking at the
possibility of using postgress to store long term historical data.

The number of data points could be as high 75,000 points. I would expect
between 250-400 updates per second under normal load but during a
disturbance
the update rate could be as high as several thousand per second.

Any comments are appreciated

 --
 Ron Harter                | Tongue, Tied and Twisted
 rharter@pobox.com  | Just an earth bound misfit ... I