Re: Order by and timestamp

От Björn Lundin
Тема Re: Order by and timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Is amarkets in more then one schema?
Yes but the table is empty in other schema (’dry’) - and has less idexes
It is also present in imports - but empty there as well

Actually the below indicates it is in other databases. A schema would be a namespace within a database, see here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-createschema.html

In your original example the 'public' in public.amarkets.
So just to be complete \dn in psql will show you the schemas in a database. Given the search_path("$user",public) shown below I suspect you have only a public schema. $user matches a schema named for the current user and generally is not there.

bnl@ibm2:~$ psql
Tidtagning är på.
AUTOCOMMIT off
psql (9.6.15, server 9.4.15)
Skriv "help" för hjälp.

bnl=> \dn
 Lista med scheman
  Namn  |  Ägare
--------+----------
 public | postgres
(1 rad)

Yes only 1 schema

Hmm to be clear, I have the problem on a machine
Called ibm running debian
In a 9.4 database called bnl

This also have database dry and import which both contain the same table (with only PK - no index) - but both those are empty.

Then I said I have the same dataset on another another box
Called tp, running ubuntu
With a 10.6 database called bnl
Which works

I’ll reply to the other mail separately