Re: Sequence's value can be rollback after a crashed recovery.

От Bossart, Nathan
Тема Re: Sequence's value can be rollback after a crashed recovery.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/23/21, 1:41 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I wrote:
>> I wonder though if we shouldn't try to improve the existing text.
>> The phrasing "never rolled back" seems like it's too easily
>> misinterpreted.  Maybe rewrite the <caution> block like
>
> A bit of polishing later, maybe like the attached.

The doc updates look good to me.  Yesterday I suggested possibly
adding a way to ensure that nextval() called in an uncommitted
transaction was persistent, but I think we'd have to also ensure that
synchronous replication waits for those records, too.  Anyway, I don't
think it is unreasonable to require the transaction to be committed to
avoid duplicates from nextval().

Nathan