Re: Mop-up around psql's \connect behavior

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: Mop-up around psql's \connect behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/21/20 18:59, Tom Lane wrote:

> I think the reason we've not had complaints about this is that the
> situation normally doesn't arise in interactive sessions (since we
> won't release the old connection voluntarily), while scripts are
> likely not designed to cope with connection losses anyway.  These
> facts militate against spending a whole lot of effort on a fix,
> but still we ought to reduce the silliness factor.  What I propose
> is to complain if we have no o_conn *and* we are asked to re-use
> parameters from it.  Otherwise, it's fine.

I've been getting around it just by saying

  \c "connstring" . . .

which works. It gives me a tiny thrill every time I do it, like I'm
getting away with something. Which is why I haven't been complaining.

I suppose I wouldn't complain if it were fixed, either.

Regards,
-Chap